Ways to Write a Good Conclusion Paragraph
Conclusion paragraph at a glance:
- Restate your argument or repeat the thesis statement
- Summarize the key points supporting your argument
- State broader significance of the issue or argument
Writing a good conclusion paragraph for your essay helps tie your argument stated in the introduction to the main points discussed in the body. As a result, the concluding paragraph should use the specific-general formula which is the opposite of the introduction paragraph.
Conclusion Paragraph Structure
- Start the conclusion by restating the thesis statement or main argument of your essay. Remember not to use the same wording you used in the introduction, but keep the idea intact.
- Connect the argument to various points discussed in the essay using 2-3 sentences.
- In the end, finish the conclusion by commenting on the significance of the issue. This can be making a prediction about the future of the issue, or a recommendation to deal with the problem at hand.